A blender is a kitchen appliance that is used to blend food substances. The appliance consists of a container with sharp blades; the container is usually made of glass, plastic, stainless steel or porcelain. There is a motor at the base. These machines are perfect for making smoothies, margaritas, grinding pastes, mixing batters, emulsifying mayonnaises and sifting ingredients for muffin and cake recipes.
Applications of blenders
These food processors are most commonly used in domestic and commercial kitchens for various purposes. This processor has various applications in the field of microbiology and food science as well.
- Helps in dissolving the solids into liquids.
- Emulsifies the food mixtures and crushes the ice for non alcoholic drinks.
- Helps in making soft purees of semi solid ingredients like cooked vegetables and meat.
- Blends the mixtures of powders and other granules.
- Can even make peanut butter and grind cereals.
What to look for while buying blenders?
- Check out for a heavy metal base that indicates quality and durability.
- Blenders need three basic settings to be effective: high, low and pulse. Though ice crushing and soft start options are convenient, they are trivial.
- Make sure that the material is stainless steel so that the footing is sturdy.
- Look for a blender that has a tight fitting lid along with a hole to add ingredients.
- Find the best supplier or store to buy the prospective product.
- While buying, check out the warranty and guarantee offers, after sale maintenance, discounts in the price, and the like.
Which blender is the best one for your kitchen?
Optimum is one of the best manufacturers with top quality blenders in the world. Optimum has a wide range of models including Optimum 9200, which is very fast and has a both wet and dry multipurpose 6-blade stainless steel assembly. Optimum provides international warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
A blender can tackle a lot of mundane activities that could be boring to do in a kitchen. It can blend, chop, make puree and liquefy contents within seconds. This addition is really useful for the kitchen. You can finish the work within a short time if you have a blender at home. Optimum 9200 blender is perfect to make smoothies, ice creams, salsas and dips.
The optimum 9200 blender comes with a warranty of five years and since it is a commercial grade blender; it will last for many years to come without much maintenance problems. Recently, this model has been upgraded to new speed variables. The push timer buttons of this blender is easy to use. You have to just switch on the blender. Once the timer finishes, it automatically switches off. This is a very convenient feature of the optimum blender.
The optimum blender reviews online will help you have a better understanding of the Optimum blenders. Since it has six stainless blades, it can very easily powder grains and nuts. By reading Optimum blender reviews, you can know that it can crush ice easily. The auto feature of the optimum blender is highly praised in many optimum blender reviews.
Tips to follow while using a blender
- Make sure you have fully pressed the lid on the container before starting the blender.
- If the blades are not swishing properly, add a little amount of liquid for smooth running of the blender.
- The auto feature of the optimum 9200 switches off automatically which is a blessing as you need not wait to switch it off. After two seconds, you can open the lid and pour out the contents.
Optimum blender reviews online can give you a fair idea about the various other features of the quality Optimum blenders.
A blender is one indispensable item that every kitchen has; however, you should look for the best blender in the market like the Optimum 8200 or blender that have all the extra features and speeds. There are a few things you should look for while buying a blender.
What to look for while buying a blender?
Power – The higher the wattage, the more powerful is the blender. You should buy a blender with at least 350 watts.
Capacity – The size of the cups are different in different blenders. It is always a better choice to buy a blender with larger size cups so that you need not worry that the blend may overflow the container. These large-sized containers are particularly helpful while pureeing large quantities of sauces or soups.
Speed – It is better to go for a blender with optimum speed options. You don’t need a blender with 15 speeds. All you need is a fast, medium and slow speed option and the choice to pulse which is most often required in some recipes.
Design – You will have to pay a little more for a sleek design and you may require it if you are planning to leave the blender on the counter; however, if you are going to store it in a cabinet and take it out occasionally, skip the idea of getting a trendy one. Instead, you can pay more for features like being able to change blades or remove blades for cleaning, a wider motor base for better stability and presence of an opening for adding ingredients or allowing the steam out while blending hot soups. Besides, you have to ensure that the lid fits tightly to the container.
Materials – Stainless steel and glass are the ideal choices. The best part of glass is that you can see how the work is being done. When you buy a stainless steel one, you need not worry about breakage. However, you should go for glass only if you feel you can handle it safely. Plastic can be preferred, but it is prone to scratches and can shatter as well.
Branded blenders like Optimum blender and Optimum 8200 best suit any type of kitchen.